SAGE testing begins this week! All of my students have been working hard this year and should be proud! The reading portion of the test is on Tuesday morning and writing is on Thursday morning. Math and science will be next week on Tuesday and Thursday. The following week will be a make-up week for students who do not finish and students who were absent.
I know tests can be stressful for kids. I want them to know that the most important part of taking a test is working hard and doing their very best.
- Please make sure your student goes to bed on time or early the night before each test.
- Your student will be more alert, less stressed, and ready to take the test with a belly full of a healthy breakfast.
- Some healthy breakfasts include bacon, eggs, sausage, toast with jam, yogurt with fruit, breakfast burritos, and breakfast sandwiches. A hearty breakfast will be the best option. Breakfasts such as cereal, Pop Tarts, and other sugary foods have been linked to poor test performance, but of course, one of those options is better than nothing!
- Send your child with healthy snacks to eat during testing. This includes vegetables, fruits (already peeled), pretzels, cheese, lunch meats, etc. Studies show that apples wake people up better than coffee, but without the caffeine buzz. Already-sliced apples are a fantastic option. Please, no nuts.
- Send a bottle of water.
- Students in my classes are welcome to bring one small item of comfort, which can include a stuffed animal, a pillow, or a blanket. (Must fit in backpack.)
- Remind your child that he/she is a wonderful student and will do great!
Improvement is the goal.
Please email me with any questions, comments, or concerns.
Since it is the end of the year, we will not be having any more spelling tests. Please continue to read and record reading minutes and there may be math homework if it proves necessary.