Our essential question this week is, "How are people able to fly?" We are working on rereading, making connections, and citing text evidence. We are working on cause and effect, multiple-meaning words, and making inferences.
Our spelling words focus on homophones-words that sound the same but have different meanings and spellings. Our spelling words are:
Spelling Words Week of 2/25
1. sale (There is a sale at the store.)
2. sail (The boat will sail on the ocean.)
3. beet (The beet in the salad is red.)
4. beat (The beat of the drum was loud.)
5. rode (I rode a horse.)
6. road (The car drove on the road.)
7. rowed (I rowed the boat.)
8. its (The dog loved its bone. -Belongs to it)
9. it’s (It’s my birthday today. -It is)
10. your (Your cat is cute. -Belongs to you)
11. you’re (You’re cute. -You are)
12. their (Their dog is fluffy. -Belongs to them)
13. they’re (They’re my friends. -They are)
14. peace (When nobody is fighting, there is peace.)
15. piece (I ate a piece of cake.)
We are working on fractions. This week we are working on equivalent fractions, fractions as one whole, and comparing fractions. I highly suggest doing the homework on equivalent fractions and comparing fractions. Our test will be on Friday.
We are finishing our unit on heat and light. My students have done a great job with their plant experiments! Our test on this unit is on Friday. This is the last science unit we have to cover in 3rd grade. We will be reviewing all science concepts, working on service learning, and we may have time for art and music in homeroom after this week!